A MESSAGE TO THE RESIDENTS OF THE SNYDER FIRE DISTRICT
In 2019 the professional volunteer firefighters of Snyder Fire Department responded to 1,140 emergency incidents within our community. Even during this time of a national pandemic our firefighters continue to provide EMS and fire protection for all our residents. In order to do this our firefighters must remain healthy and free from illness. Our firefighters have been equipped with specialized personal protective gear. The apparatus and the equipment on the vehicles is disinfected on a regular basis. However, the number one method in keeping firefighters healthy is through social distancing. Therefore, access to the Fire Department building has been limited to only active firefighters. Response to emergency incidents has also been modified to limit the number of firefighters risking possible exposure to the virus.
The Snyder Fire Department has always enjoyed and encouraged community involvement through our fire prevention program and attendance at various community social events. However, in an attempt to maintain the health of our firefighters the Fire Department is not participating in parades and other social activities. Our number one priority is to maintain the health of our firefighters so that they can continue to respond when needed to true emergency incidents.
Please rest assured that once these trying times are behind us the firefighters of the Snyder Fire Department look forward to again participating in many community social events.
Stay safe everyone.
Click on the above picture
for important information on an exciting and rewarding way to serve your community
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter by clicking on the icons below
Click on picture below for live radio broadcast
On Saturday April 4, Snyder crews were called at approx 0845 for a bedroom fire with possible entrapped residents. Chief Van Horn arrived on scene and reported “Smoke Showing from a large 2-1/2 story brick house” and requested a 2nd Alarm. Members preformed a quick primary search ahead o...
Snyder Firefighters responded to a bedroom fire in a two story house. A quick interior attack along with proper ventilation contained the fire to one bedroom. Chief Mark Van Horn estimated damage at $60,000 to the structure and $100,000 to the contents. The cause is under inv...
Snyder Fire responded to a fire in a nursing facility on Main Street. Firefighters found a dryer fire that had extended into the parts of the laundry room. Crews were able to keep the fire from spreading, as the sprinkler system held the fire in place. Facility staff followed procedures and mo...
At 4:08 AM firefighters were dispatched to a report of a bedroom fire in a two story, four unit apartment building. Upon arrival Chief Paul Griebner reported flames showing from a first floor rear window. A fast interior attack by firefighters contained the flames to a bedroom. How...