Snyder Fire responded to a fire in a nursing facility on Main Street. Firefighters found a dryer fire that had extended into the parts of the laundry room. Crews were able to keep the fire from spreading, as the sprinkler system held the fire in place. Facility staff followed procedures and moved residents in immediate danger to a safe areas within the facility. Firefighters ventilated the laundry room and assessed the situations on all floors of the building. Residents did not need to be evacuated. Thankfully quick actions by the Fire Department, and a working alarm and sprinkler systems kept this fire from becoming more tragic. Snyder was assisted at the scene by many mutual aid companies.
According to Chief Van Horn, "The sprinkler head went off until we got a line stretched in there." Additionally, "We don't have any issues with anyone being displaced."
Damage was estimated at $75,000